5 awesome reasons why you need to make the American Girl Hat today!
- Learn how easy (and awesome) cables are!
- This hat whips up super fast and you can make one for all your loved ones!
- Learn valuable skills to help you read your work!
- Step by step tutorials to help you every stitch of the way!
- Perfectly top off your hat with tips on how to attach a faux fur pom!
Learn tips to help make your cables easier.
Work through the crown decreasing one round at a time.
Learn how to attach a faux fur pom to top off your hat beautifully!
Learn lots of new tricks while you knit your own American Girl Hat!
Named after my favorite Tom Petty song, this hat was as fun to design as it was to knit!
This knit hat is quick and a lot of fun to whip up for yourself or all your friends and family.
There are all kinds of new skills that you will learn and add to your knitting bag of tricks!
You will be able to download the ad-free printable pdf pattern and you can watch every video at your own pace and repeat videos as many times as you need.
What You Will Learn
- Creating a swatch
- Measuring your swatch
- Joining to work in the round
- How to eliminate the gap when joining to work in the round
- Reading your work (what round are you on?)
- Switching to larger needles
- Detailed walk through of every round in the pattern repeat
- Cables: C2L, C2R, C3XL
- Crown decreasing
- Working on two circular needles for crown decreasing
- Decreases: P3tog, sl2K1p2sso
- Closing the top of your hat
- Weaving in your tails
- Attaching a pom
- Finishing techniques
What You Need To Already Know
- Knit stitch
- Purl stitch
- Working from Ks to Ps and Ps to Ks
- Long tail cast on (Don't worry if you don't know this, I have a link to a great video to teach you this technique as well!)
You can learn so much inside the Learn with Knitsy Academy!
Full Access To Everything!
Access all the project based classes within the academy and private Facebook group.
We Got Something Knit Fingerless Gloves
Learn new techniques and skills by making these super rad fingerless gloves!
Become a knitting rock star!
...want to make one-of-a-kind gifts for loved ones?
...want to have a healthy way to relieve stress?
...want to have a hobby that can go anywhere you go?
...want to use all your waiting around time productively?
...just want to be able to say "I made that!" to all your friends?
If your answer is yes to any (or all!) of the questions above, then you are in the right place!
Knitting is more than just a hobby, it is a way of life for those of us that are proud to call ourselves knitters.
Learn how to knit or upgrade your knitting skills so that you can create amazing memories with just two sticks, a ball of yarn, and your hands!
Hey there! I'm Krista and I'll be your instructor!
I am so excited to be your teacher for this course!
It would be an understatement to say that I'm an obsessive knitter.
It would also be an understatement to say that I love teaching others how to knit and bring them into this wonderful community.
Even teaching a seasoned knitter a little tip or trick to help them become a more awesome knitter makes my day.
I can't wait to help you grow your knitting skills and add endless amounts of tips, tricks, and techniques to your ever growing knitting bag of skills.
I will be here with you every step of the way, so let's grab our needles and yarn and rock this project together!