5 awesome reasons why you need to make the Lines and Vines Shawl today!
- Learn how much fun brioche is!
- Work with two colors to create a beautiful shawl!
- Learn valuable skills to help you read your work and fix your mistakes!
- Step by step tutorials to help you every stitch of the way!
- Whip up a shawl you will love!
Learn all of the brioche increase and decrease stitches with easy to follow videos!
Walk through the entire brioche repeat one row at a time!
Learn the importance of a life line and how to use it!
Learn new techniques while you knit your own Lines and Vines Shawl!
Designed by the super talented Michaeli from Breaking Yarn (gorgeous indie dyer based out of Albuquerque, NM), this shawl is so much fun to make!
There are so many new skills that you will learn and add to your knitting bag of tricks!
Do you knit continental (yarn held in your left) or English (yarn held in your right)? Doesn't matter because demonstrations are shown using both ways of holding the yarn!
You will be able to download the ad-free printable pdf pattern and you can watch every video at your own pace and repeat videos as many times as you need.
What You Will Learn
- Creating a swatch
- Measuring your swatch
- How to decide which color is your Main Color
- Learn to read your work and always know where you are
- Detailed walk through of every row in the pattern repeat
- Stress free brioche knitting because I walk you through ever step of the way!
- Brioche increases and decreases
- Fixing brioche mistakes
- Using a lifeline with brioche
- Weaving in your tails flawlessly
- Blocking secrets
What You Need To Already Know
- Knit stitch
- Purl stitch
- Working from Ks to Ps and Ps to Ks
- Long tail cast on (Don't worry if you don't know this, I have a link to a great video to teach you this technique as well!)
NOTE: Brioche can be tricky to learn, this project is not recommended for brand new knitters. Don't hesitate to reach out if you are unsure if this project is for you! Email me: [email protected]
- Set Up Row Wrong Side Main Color (WS MC) (3:00)
- Set Up Row Wrong Side Contrasting Color (WS CC) (5:20)
- Set Up Row Right Side Main Color (RS MC) (0:34)
- Row 1 Right Side Main Color brRsldec (1:57)
- Row 1 Right Side Main Color br4stinc (1:16)
- Row 1 Right Side Main Color brLsldec (1:17)
- Row 1 Right Side Main Color Full Repeat (4:56)
- Row 1 Right Side Contrasting Color (RS CC) (5:33)
- Row 2 Wrong Side Main Color (WS MC) (2:21)
- Row 2 Wrong Side Contrasting Color (WS CC) (2:37)
- Row 3 Right Side Main Color (RS MC) (1:35)
- Row 3 Right Side Contrasting Color (RS CC) (1:12)
- Row 4 Wrong Side Main Color (WS MC) (1:04)
- Row 4 Wrong Side Contrasting Color (WS CC) (1:07)
- Repeating Rows 1 - 4 (1:21)
You can learn so much inside the Learn with Knitsy Academy!
Full Access To Everything!
Access all the project based classes within the academy and private Facebook group.
Fell in Love with a Girl Knit Socks
Everything you need to know to make these super colorful striped socks!
Become a knitting rock star!
...want to make one-of-a-kind gifts for loved ones?
...want to have a healthy way to relieve stress?
...want to be awesome at a hobby that you can take anywhere?
...want to use all your waiting around time productively?
...just want to be able to say "I made that!" to all your friends?
If your answer is yes to any (or all!) of the questions above, then you are in the right place!
Knitting is more than just a hobby, it is a way of life for those of us that are proud to call ourselves knitters.
Learn how to knit or upgrade your knitting skills so that you can create amazing memories with just two sticks, a ball of yarn, and your hands!
Hey there! I'm Krista and I'll be your instructor!
I am so excited to be your teacher for this course!
It would be an understatement to say that I'm an obsessive knitter.
It would also be an understatement to say that I love teaching others how to knit and bring them into this wonderful community.
Even teaching a seasoned knitter a little tip or trick to help them become a more awesome knitter makes my day.
I can't wait to help you grow your knitting skills and add endless amounts of tips, tricks, and techniques to your ever growing knitting bag of skills.
I will be here with you every step of the way, so let's grab our needles and yarn and rock this project together!