5 awesome reasons why you need to make the Fairbanks Hat today!
- Learn how easy (and awesome) cables are!
- Enjoy tips on how to make cables easier!
- Learn valuable skills to help you read your work!
- Step by step tutorials to help you every stitch of the way!
- Learn how to create a clean top of the hat finish!
Learn tips to eliminate the gap when you join to work in the round.
Detailed tutorials to help you every round of the pattern.
Make your finishing flawless with tips on weaving in your tails.
Learn new techniques while you knit your own Fairbanks Hat
Named after the beautiful town of Fairbanks, Alaska. I was taking a trip there and new I needed to keep my noggin warm in the sub zero temperatures!
This knit hat is quick and a lot of fun to whip up for yourself or all your friends and family.
There are all kinds of new skills that you will learn and add to your knitting bag of tricks!
You will be able to download the ad-free printable pdf pattern and you can watch every video at your own pace and repeat videos as many times as you need.
What You Will Learn
- Creating a swatch
- Measuring your swatch
- Joining to work in the round
- How to eliminate the gap when joining to work in the round
- Reading your work (what round are you on?)
- Detailed walk through of the pattern repeat
- Cables: C2L, C3L, C3R, C4L
- Crown decreasing
- Working on two circular needles for crown decreasing
- Decreases: K2tog, P2tog, SSK, SSSK
- Closing the top of your hat
- Weaving in your tails
- Attaching a pom
What You Need To Already Know
- Knit stitch
- Purl stitch
- Working from Ks to Ps and Ps to Ks
- Long tail cast on (Don't worry if you don't know this, I have a link to a great video to teach you this technique as well!)
So much more to learn inside the Learn with Knitsy Academy!
Full Access To Everything!
Access all the project based classes within the academy and private Facebook group.
We Got Something Knit Fingerless Gloves
Learn new techniques and skills by making these super rad fingerless gloves!
Become a knitting rock star!
...want to make one-of-a-kind gifts for loved ones?
...want to have a healthy way to relieve stress?
...want to have a hobby that can go anywhere you go?
...want to use all your waiting around time productively?
...just want to be able to say "I made that!" to all your friends?
If your answer is yes to any (or all!) of the questions above, then you are in the right place!
Knitting is more than just a hobby, it is a way of life for those of us that are proud to call ourselves knitters.
Learn how to knit or upgrade your knitting skills so that you can create amazing memories with just two sticks, a ball of yarn, and your hands!
Hey there! I'm Krista and I'll be your instructor!
I am so excited to be your teacher for this course!
It would be an understatement to say that I'm an obsessive knitter.
It would also be an understatement to say that I love teaching others how to knit and bring them into this wonderful community.
Even teaching a seasoned knitter a little tip or trick to help them become a more awesome knitter makes my day.
I can't wait to help you grow your knitting skills and add endless amounts of tips, tricks, and techniques to your ever growing knitting bag of skills.
I will be here with you every step of the way, so let's grab our needles and yarn and rock this project together!